Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hire Me .....Please!!!

By Anna D. Banks, GCDF

I have had several people send me this video - so I guess I need to pass it along. It may make you angry but frankly, I found it to be funny, as well as extremely well done.

It’s been several years that many career and workplace gurus have been hammering the message that the workplace is changing. And everyday, I run into people who are alarmed that things are not the way they used to be at "their company".

On the April 3, 2008 edition of 48Day.com Radio Career Coach Dan Miller interviewed a caller who was distraught that he was losing his job after 27 years with the same company. But then again, it was not the “same company.” There were multiple mergers and acquisitions along the way. All his old bosses and co-workers were gone, yet he was angry that they were now pushing him out the door. It should not have come as a surprise - especially since his compensation had crept up over the years to $268,000. Now, this didn’t mean he was dead in the water. It just meant he better be aware of the new opportunities for “free agents.” And then rock and roll.



No comments: